Total Pageviews

Friday 19 June 2020

IN MY BLOOMING GARDEN: Spoken Word Poem from Quarantine

My words as music raises me in velvet notes

Climbing the stairs of vast space and time

Into the zenith of my meditating mind

I smile when the warm notion of my awakening

Seeps under my eye-lids and slides them open

Flowing in my blooming garden

Sets the air buzzing with youthful presence

When spring-time converses with my gladdened ear

I love myself for the nobility with which I bore

The necessary weight of truthful decisions

Before weight took to flight born aloft on a breeze

The world to me is not a spinning globe upon my mantle

But as forever is long, as the mind is vast

So then is the spinning universe within my revelations

Days are as nights inside years which grow my wise ways

Love renews on my windowsill where I planted it

And nurtured it, shooting green into my living rooms

When my pen touches paper, or inspiration taps the keys

I remember why it was that I ever wrote the words

Listen...what do you hear? What do you revere?

Give eyes the speech to paint, let taste suggest we see

May touch celebrate all traces of love

And let scent arrange the bouquet of our chosen flowers

Speak freely, sing, dance, laugh out loud

In all orders of importance, this is what being pure means:

Leaving the white noise behind, feeling the meaning of the words

Pulsing between the lines of your own essential living





No comments: